Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Catch the Wave

Hadley loves the book Wave by Suzy Lee.  I don't know why for sure, but I think it has to do with the interaction the girl in the book has with the ocean.  Even though there are no words, throughout the story it is clear that the girl and the water are having a conversation. 

I think Hadley's favorite part is the part when the girl sticks her tongue out at the wave that is swiftly sailing towards her.  I like when the wave leaves behind all the seashells after it crashed into the shore.  It seems like a nice ending to a playful game between two friends.

Yesterday I set out a few pieces of blue construction paper and let Hadley make her own "waves" using shaving cream.  Here's what she came up with:



I drew the birds, but Hadley was quick to point out that these were not birds. "They don't have any faces, Mama." 

1 comment: